Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
croq croq is offline

Default Telescopic track for hoist?

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 00:15:04 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
"croq" quickly quoth:

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"croq" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

I have a need to build a track for a cable hoist that will extend out
of
the side opening of a van.
Any other ideas or specs on wall thickness, tube size, beam size would
be
most welcome.

ATM removal tool?

Had not thought of alternative uses at this point Bob however I like the
idea. Actually this device will be used to transfer my wheelchair
bound sister. Ironically, she can not travel in the wheelchair.

I can hear your sister now..."What's all this grease on the floor and
greasy fingerprints all over my lift, hmmm?" g

See www.Accuride.com for their #9301 slides. You'll likely need some
sort of damper for them, either air or hydraulic, for safety.
They're $160-$350 a pair, depending on size and where you buy them.
Shop around.

Will you be transferring her to a mobile bed in the van, or regular
vehicular seats?

Hey Larry, Unless I can find a safe way of strapping her into a bed we'll
be transferring to an upgraded automotive reclining seat.