Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Approx. cost of asphalt overlay

"Don Tuttle" wrote in message
I have an asphalt driveway. I am considering an asphalt
overlay/resurfacing of typical thickness. What would be an approximate
cost per sq ft for this, assuming a sound base and relatively
problem-free installation? Just the ballpark is all I am after.
I do not want to remove/replace, nor do I want concrete.
Thanks.
Don

Depends. Plain seal coat is inexpensive, but as stated, it is hard to find
a company that will send a lot of gear out to do a small job, as it would
take the same amount of gear to do a larger area. The new thing is open
grade, where a machine comes in, shaves off some of the asphalt, mixes it
with other things, and immediately relays it. About a third the cost of
seal coating, and lasts longer, but for a small job, not something a
contractor would want to mess with. And then there are the gypsies. What
you want is difficult, as most people won't want to mess with it, and those
who do will want a lot. But then, work is slow all over, and maybe the
market is different now.

Steve