Posted to alt.home.repair
stratford1 stratford1 is offline

Default Approx. cost of asphalt overlay

On Aug 10, 8:24 pm, Don Tuttle wrote:
I have an asphalt driveway. I am considering an asphalt
overlay/resurfacing of typical thickness. What would be an approximate
cost per sq ft for this, assuming a sound base and relatively
problem-free installation? Just the ballpark is all I am after.
I do not want to remove/replace, nor do I want concrete.
Thanks.
Don

In my area a year ago I was quoted $1.25/sq ft for recap of 1400 sq ft
of existing driveway from two different companies. However, even
though both had the same price per sq ft, one said they did a 1.5"
recap while the other did a 2" recap. We never did either, so couldnt
tell you one way or the other if its a good idea. Also, one disclaimer
on these prices...since they're old I wouldnt use them as a super
accurate reference...one guy I talked to this year said their prices
have jumped considerably with the spike in oil prices. Still, hope
that helps a little anyway.