Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.solar.thermal
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Preheating water by running pipes through attic?

Chuck wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:

Why don't you bury the pipes in the driveway? I did this in Florida
and had very hot water all the time. I had a black asphalt driveway
and before they installed it, I buried copper pipe in the sand. After
the asphalt was put down and cured, I found that I had plenty of very
hot water. Since the water heater tank was just inside the garage, it
was easy to get the water back into the tank.

Heh! That's a great idea. Sort of a poor man's geothermal power station.