Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT The Beijing Olympic Opening ceremonies.

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 08:47:34 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 00:28:01 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
"Steve Barker DLT" wrote:

Yes, they must tape delay it for us prude americans. There might be a
wardrobe malfunction or something.....

Well actually they tape delay it so NBC can get the big bucks for
putting it on in prime time. This happens for every Olympics outside the
US mainline time zones.

Exactly- Don't attribute to prudishness what can be explained by
corporate greed.g

Seems to me, though, that with the current state of cable feeds, NBC
could do both a live feed and a primetime feed. Probably need the
time to insert appropriate commercials or something.

I"m no fan of the Olympic broadcasts, but I think they also rearrange
time slots so things that are simultaneous or overlapping can seen
sequentially.

I watched a little tonight, and it is nice to watch without already
knowing who won. Certainly there are enough tv jokes about taping
the football game and someone spoiling the game for him.

If I listened to the local radio and tv news earlier today -- no
hunting the internet -- would I have known who won?

Jim