Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Stainless Steel Hooks & Rings

On Jul 30, 1:37*pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
A while back I posted some pictures of a balance beam I made in the shop out
of 6061 bar stock aluminum. *I was thinking I might like to give some away
to my fishing club if I could make them cheap enough. *The aluminum is
certainly cheap enough if I buy it from a metal distributor, but there are a
few things that add up.

To attach the handle to the beam requires some form of ring so that the beam
can swing freely. *I used key rings on my first three, but they are all of
unknown quality and materials. *...

So what alloy wire should I try for this, or can you suggest a source that
is different entirely?

Bob La Londewww.YumaBassMan.com

These are cheap and hold up quite well outdoors, especially if you put
a drop of oil in the gate spring hole. There is an oval or pear-shaped
version that fits a finger more comfortably than the D ones.