Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default OT The Beijing Olympic Opening ceremonies.

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 23:12:16 -0600, Doug Brown wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Art" wrote in message
m...
I feel sorry for the next host country.

By the way when the boxes were going up and down, I guessed correctly
that there were people inside. My wife said it had to be computer
controlled mechanics. When they came out waving I won.

I was trying to figure out how they could move in and operate a big enough
hydraulic or pneumatic system. The co-ordination was excellent.

I didn't watch the opening ceremonies but, can you even begin to imagine the
pressure that the folks who planned and coordinated the event were under?
The phrase "head's will roll" sort of takes on a new - or possibly old
meaning!.

Here's how I described to a brother in an email:

It's been ****ing ostentatious like a mile wide elvis suit, but simply
beautiful and weirdly compelling. It's been giving me the chills.
Totally overdone, overblown, magnificent, amazing, long winded, but I
can't take my eyes away. Two thousand dancers, drummers, doing
impossibly synchronized displays on an LED screen several football fields
wide. Now they're dancing on on an 100' globe, the ones in the
southern hemisphere upside down.