Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Alcohol as cutting fluid?

wrote in message
On Aug 4, 10:13 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Tap Magic Original is 90% 1,1,1 trichloroethylene. There are several
trichloroethylenes, and I don't think it's the 1,1,1 that you can't buy.

--
Ed Huntress

Lockheed phased out the use of 1,1,1 trichoroethane about 12 years ago
and went to a orange peel based solvent.
The mechanics did not like the change as trich is a excellent solvent
in many ways, but not good for your health.
I doubt if it is readily available now.

Dan

Yup, I see that I made an error that a couple of people pointed out here,
confusing trichloroethylene with trichlorethane. The hell of it is, I
remember correcting that mistake in an article I was editing, which had been
written by someone else, almost 30 years ago. g

[If there are any misspellings here, I plead partial blindness, just having
had laser eye surgery two hours ago. I'm still half blind.]

--
Ed Huntress