Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter W. Meek Peter W. Meek is offline

Default New toy -- Supermax 16VS

On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 10:52:38 -0400, Ned Simmons
wrote:

Close but not quite. However, the knob just above the controls
for the power drawbar (two red buttons marked in/out) in the first
picture is one of my mystery knobs. What does it do?

It selects the quill downfeed rate. The knob on the opposite side of
the head engages the feed. Leave it disengaged unless you're using the
downfeed. The feed direction is selected by pushing or pulling the
little knurled knob that sticks out the front of the head to the left
of the quill scale. There's a feed trip mechanism built into the quill
stop that is often broken in used machines, but is easy to repair.

Ah. Then a moot point in my case as that is all managed by the
Anilam Z-axis servo.
--Pete
Peter W. Meek
http://www.msen.com/~pwmeek/