Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.broadband
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default BT 1571 to be Charged For

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On 7 Aug 2008 21:15:45 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

Why not put ADSL on the original line and discontinue the second line -
save yourself the line rental?

Because it's ISDN.

And I suspect Mr Eager, like me, is annoyed that BT do not offer ADSL over
an ISDN line. It's possible but BT don't do it.

It didn't fit into the national frequency plan that BT had to agree with
OFTEL AFAIK.
There had to be a national frequency plan to support the unbundling of the
local network so that other operators could take over and maintain the
copper in competition to BT.

The fact that nobody has ever done that doesn't mean OFTEL could just let BT
do what was technically possible.