Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default BT 1571 to be Charged For

Bob Eager wrote:

Perfectly reasonable - I only use my phone for receiving calls ***via
BT***. I make calls via various indirect providers, but they're always
going to come in via BT....it's a BT line. So, if I wished, I could
have 1571 on that line and it would take messages for me. But because
I never *make* a call via BT (I always use a prefix) I would end up
paying the stated fee.

So what's wrong with breaking the habit of a lifetime and *making* a few
*free* weekend calls via BT? You could even make them to your other line if
you don't want to make *real* calls for some reason - a bit like my habit of
sending a fax to myself every couple of months so that my free
(PlusNet-provided) Fax-to-email facility doesn't lapse.
--
Cheers,
Roger