Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
[email protected] NOSPAMnet@gmail.com is offline

Default BT 1571 to be Charged For

On 7 Aug 2008 13:58:05 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 13:45:37 UTC, wrote:

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 12:40:47 +0100, "Frank Stacey"
wrote:

wrote in message
Tiny print on a letter and e-mail just received from BT says that the
1571 standard service is going to cost £1 per month if you don't make
at least 2 charged calls per month. Those who use their landline only
for broadband or only for receiving calls could get an unexpected
addition to their bill. At the moment
http://www.bt.com/youraccount
till says it's free and provides no way to disable it, but watch that
space for a chance to do so.

Chris

1571 has always incurred a cost - 5p to discover the person you want to talk to is engaged!!!

Thats not a charge for 1571 ...I presume you mean if you press 3 which
is just laziness.

No....call someone who has 1571 when they're on the phone, and you get
charged for the call. Call setup fee of 7p plus some charge for the
secind or two you're one (I forget the min. charge these days).

Ah right .Now I see what he meant .That's cos it goes straight to call
minder or similar and that counts as an answered call..same as someone
who lets the call go to an answering machine .