Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default BT 1571 to be Charged For

Bob Eager wrote:

No....call someone who has 1571 when they're on the phone, and you get
charged for the call. Call setup fee of 7p plus some charge for the
secind or two you're one (I forget the min. charge these days).

Yes, if you incur the said minimum charge as soon as 1571 answers, it's a
pain! I manage to avoid this by using VoIP for daytime calls - which cost 1p
per minute, charged by the second and with no setup fee. So a short call
costs me a small fraction of a penny. I get free BT calls during evenings
and weekends so - again - there is no penalty if a call is answered by 1571.

You could do something similar!
--
Cheers,
Roger