Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default boiler: need new oil fired boiler

"Stephen" wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 16:38:18 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

Have a dig about on the OFTEC site: http://www.oftec.co.uk

I have had a look but some of it is password protected. I think that
connecting the HW and CH is within my DIY capabilities; it's only
compression joints after all but I need to know regulations about
where I can and cannot put it. The plumber told me that I cannot have
a flue straight through the wall because it is too near a door. I
never knew that. So I need to learn more about flues and what I can
have and where.

I was also told that if I had a condensing boiler I would have to line
the flue, which would be expensive, so I should look for a
non-condensing boiler but I thought all new boilers were condensing? I
was told a non-condensing would be just as efficient, but if so, why
do people bother making condensing ones?

Condensing boilers use less fuel. Flues are extendable - see makers blurb.