Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
catguy catguy is offline

Default Alcohol as cutting fluid?

"Martin Whybrow" wrote in message
snip some stuff
Tap Magic used to contain 1.1.1 trichloroethane, not 1.1.1 trichlorethylene. The latter is also
known as perchloroethylene or dry cleaning fluid. This is still available as Carbosolv at my
local hardware store. I have a couple of gallons of trichloroethane stashed away to be used
sparingly for things that require it. KPR thinner is one use.........Paul
There's no such substance as 1,1,1 trichloroethylene, trichloroethylene has only one isomer and
that's 1,1,2 trichloroethylene.

Martin
--
martindot herewhybrowat herentlworlddot herecom

I stand corrected. I was taken in by the hundreds of google hits on it......Paul