Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default New toy -- Supermax 16VS

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 10:23:04 -0400, Peter W. Meek
wrote:

Well, no answer from Yeong Chin so far. I guess I'm
going to have to look elsewhere for a manual for this mill.
I would have been glad to pay them for a manual, or even
a Xerox or pdf version, but they seem uninterested in
support for older models.

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:38:22 -0400, Peter W. Meek
wrote:

Supermax 16VS knee-mill

It's an '87 model with an Anilam Crusader "M" controller,

Yeong Chin doesn't list this model anymore for documentation.
I sent them e-mail, but if they don't come through, is there any
source for manuals for a machine like this? I mainly need the
lube specs and a function description for a few of the more
obscure (unlabeled) knobs on this machine.

The base machine, other than the box ways, is close enough to a
Bridgeport that lube and operation specs for a BP are applicable.
Spindle oil (Velocite #10) in the spindle. Medium way oil (Vactra #4)
for the ways.

I assume the mystery knobs are on the CNC control. Have you tried
Anilam?
http://www.anilam.com/anilam.asp?mod=article&actid=27

If you do find instructions for adjusting the ways I'd love to hear
what you find. The multiple gibs and Turcited surfaces make adjusting
by feel difficult, if not impossible. Mine is a '96 manual machine.

--
Ned Simmons