Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] spamTHISbrp@yahoo.com is offline

Default New toy -- Supermax 16VS

On Jul 23, 2:38 pm, Peter W. Meek wrote:
Supermax 16VS knee-mill

I bought it about 4 years ago, but I just recently prepared
the location for it (and the seller got a little antsy about
what must have seemed like permanent storage).

I have everything hooked up except for a 3-phase synthesizer
("Phase drive"), which is on order.

It's an '87 model with an Anilam Crusader "M" controller,
and the seller threw in 24 tool holders which seem to
list for several hundred apiece (which would be worth about
as much as I paid for the whole package).

I've been able to make the bed move around under CNC control.
I bought a Kurt vise for it, got dedicated wrenches for the several
most common adjustments (so I don't permanently "rob" my set
of general purpose wrenches), a clamp kit to fit the t-slots.

Yeong Chin doesn't list this model anymore for documentation.
I sent them e-mail, but if they don't come through, is there any
source for manuals for a machine like this? I mainly need the
lube specs and a function description for a few of the more
obscure (unlabeled) knobs on this machine.
--Pete
Peter W. Meek http://www.msen.com/~pwmeek/

ebay item 150266467102 (doesn't say what year)
http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPERMAX-YCM-16V...QQcmdZViewItem

There's money to be made on obsolete manuals, I guess. I wonder how
many copies he's sold so far?

Dave