Posted to alt.home.repair
TWayne TWayne is offline

Default DSL problem

On Aug 5, 8:21 pm, Bob wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 5, 8:11 pm, Mikepier wrote:
On Aug 5, 7:55 pm, " wrote:

On Aug 5, 4:49 pm, Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply
wrote:
Do you have a DSL filter on the line going to that DSL cable?
Mikepier wrote:
no help.
I know distance is not an issue because I tested that too. I
"looped"
back the DSL line back down to where it comes in main telephone
room ( basically doubling the distance) and it works fine. So
I'm thinking
this is more of an inteference issue. Any ideas where to start?
The
trailer is next to an MRI facility, not sure if that matters.-
might be a main filter in the main building.......
thats my guess
No this is a straight foward dedicated DSL modem, no phone lines.
There is no filter.- Hide quoted text -

the modem plugs into a phone line.

connect a phone at the construction trailer, do you get a dial tone?

they've got dsl now without phone line. i think that's what he has.
works at the demarc and doesn't work at the trailor. prob got the
wrong pair.- Hide quoted text -

This is a single pair modem. As I said it works right before it leaves
the building. I tried all 6 pairs going to the trailer ( 5 phones
work out there now, and I confirmed all pairs are good).
I googled this topic and they say it might be something electrical
interfering. One site suggested shutting off electrical breakers
except the outlet powering the modem and go from there. It could be a
reversed polarity outlet. I'm really stumped. The trailer is only 100
feet away from the main building.

Uhh, it is CAT5 or better wire, right?
Replace one at the 50' point & see if it'll work there. I'm betting on
something wrong with the wires. REgular phone cable will never work
over 100'.

You said the modem was in the building and you're running 6 pairs 100'?
Why? Better to have the modem in the trailer. Assuming you really mean
"modem". What is your "modem"? Why do you think 100' isn't too far
away? What kind if wire is used to/from the modem in/out? Are you using
the shielded type wires? Are you ignoring the ground pins or using
them? Etc..