Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Solar Power

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch
wrote on Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:40:33 -0700
in rec.crafts.metalworking :

What these people are describing is good science fiction.
More like solar sails that power systems.

Not really viable.

But as the arrays do get bigger, there has to be some effect from
solar wind, albeit small.

Who want's to microwave the atmosphere???

Ask the buffoons on one of the alt.energy newsgroup at the moment, as
they discuss beamed power from satillites and how it would solve all
of our problems.

I was involved with folks who were working on a power satellite
design. One idea being proposed was to set up the receiver station(s)
in tropical islands, and use the electricity to generate Hydrogen. Not
the most efficient, but nothing is 100%
It worked on paper, but ... the company went bye-bye after 9-11.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed