Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tony Ramone Tony Ramone is offline

Default Fallen TV - no picture, sound OK

Hi all, I've searched around this group a bit so I think I've and idea
where my problem may lie, but I thought I should ask anyway, just to
make sure.
The TV in question is a Beko 284222WNS. At a recent party in my house,
it was knocked off its table and landed on its screen. The weight of
it ripped the plug out of the wall socket (and broke off the "Earth"
pin, which was actually just a piece of plastic moulded to the plug).
Amazingly it didn't shatter, and from a brief look inside, nothing
seems to be broken or dislodged (it's a wee bit too heavy to pick it
up and shake it to see if anything rattles).
When I powered it up, the picture was gone completely, but the sound
seems to be OK. I can't feel any static from the screen on power-up so
I guess I've got no high voltage. Does this mean a transformer is
busted or could it be something else?
Any advice would be very helpful, I'm just wondering really if it's
worth my while taking it in to be repaired...
Cheers,
Anthony