Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mike hide mike hide is offline

Default slant top desk

"charlieb" wrote in message
To use the current venacular - OMG!

To make a piece like this is a fantasy for most of us.

To have enough wood like this - and enough to make the entire
piece? Beyond even dreams.

To have a client who would commission such a piece - astounding.

To have the client supply all the wood - of this quality - un-phreakin'
believable!

What a client! More important - what a craftsman - in the truest
sense of the word.

These pics are going in my OMG folder for sure.

Hope you don't bruise easily - given all the "pats on the back" this one
will bring.

charlie b

Charlie and others thanks for the accolades it is appreciated. was
fortunate to be "taught" by a master Charles Heyward I read every book by
him cover to cover. Most would call his texts outdated but they cut to the
core on just about every aspect of woodworking. As for the client ,Henry, he
has an uncanny eye for things of quality, and that not only includes wood
but art ,rugs and antique furniture, and other things also .Henry is in his
eighties and still researches diligently everything he does before comitting
to it. One other thing is time , he seldom pesters you when you are doing
projects for him, not so for others I am afraid, most want it
yesterday...mjh