Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] ibidibi411@hotmail.com is offline

Default Subpanel box wiring

On Aug 4, 3:52*pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
wrote in message

On Aug 4, 2:53 pm, "Steve Barker DLT"

wrote:
the same 8' x 5/8" rod is required. be advised, 1/2" rods will not pass
if
you're subject to inspection. Also, when using multiple rods, they need
be at least SIX feet apart.

I just measured the rod I have in thegroundand it is 1/2" diameter.
I am about 99.9% sure that is the only diameter they carry at H.
Depot. *I guess I'll need to call the inspector about it to see what
the local code calls for.

I just looked at the photo of yourgroundrod again. *The rod size appears
to be correct. *Wait until the inspector sees it before you make any
changes. *If you were to add a second rod the wire needs to be continuous
from the circuit breaker box through the first rod and ending at the second
rod. *Code calls for the second rod to be at least six feet away from the
first, but sixteen feet or more is optimal.

LOL, ok 16' would be in my neighbor's bathroom! Just kidding. It
would be in some heavy woods, though. I'll just get the shed cleaned
up for the inspection and see what they say and report back.

Thanks!

John