Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] ibidibi411@hotmail.com is offline

Default Subpanel box wiring

On 2008-08-04, wrote:

I've installed the ground pole near the shed and connected it to the
ground bar in the shed's breaker box. *

The ground rod needs to be at least 8' in the ground, so if that is an
8' ground rod, it should be fully buried. *If it is a 10' ground rod,
then you are OK with part sticking up as you have.

Cheers, Wayne

Hi Wayne,

It is an 8' rod, but I've got it to where the top is now flush with
grade. I've dug out around it a little so I could attach the
connector and have not backfilled it so the inspector could see it.
So If I wanted to install a second rod, would I just jumper the
connection from the same ground wire?

John Grabowski:

The ground wires are a little longer than what they look in the
photo. They are pointing at the camera, so the look shorter. But
they may not be long enough to meet code, so I will check. I will
also install the ground screw this evening.

Thanks for all the help, fellas!

John