Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Subpanel box wiring

wrote in message
On Aug 3, 10:41 pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
wrote in message

... I noticed that you didn't splice the #10 hot wire so that you can
feed the other half of the panel.

Correct-- the other half of the panel is dead.

Do you have the metal ceiling box grounded with a green
10/32 screw?

No, I was planning to do that when I installed the fixture, but
it is easy enough to add.

All of
your grounds should be spliced correctly for rough inspection.

All of the grounds are spliced using the crimp connectors.

I am surprised that the crimp-style connectors would be
considered incorrect. I always thought them superior to
wire nuts. I would have used standard wire nuts except on
the advice of an experienced electrician.

Thanks for the tips!

John

The crimp style connectors are acceptable, I didn't see them in the photos.
To me the wires just looked as though they were twisted around each other.
The ground wires also looked a little short. Code calls for all conductors
to be long enough to extend at least three inches past the edge of the box.
Ground the metal box before you get your rough inspection as that is one of
the things the inspector will be looking for.