Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mike hide mike hide is offline

Default slant top desk

"Artemus" wrote in message
. ..
Nice job!
The figure in that wood is incredible. It looks fake in the photos
but probably is mind blowing in real life.
Art

"mike hide" wrote in message
. ..

The wood ,tiger or is it curley maple ,I never know the difference was
supplied by the customer.He knows wood very well .this particular batch came
from Pennsyvania, probably one of the Hearn brothers. the only problem
,other than the difficulties milling and cutting the stuff was that
everything was 1" stock and there was nothing very wide .The grain being so
active almost precludes making inperceptable joints ,I would have liked to
have wide boards for the sides and the fall ,I had to do the best I could.