Tim V

Default Places to buy lumber in the St. Louis area?

There's A+ Hardwoods south on 55, just past Arnold. I stopped by a couple
of weeks ago. Looks like a great selection, pricing I don't really know. I
didn't buy any lumber, just wanted to see what they had. Extremely nice
gentleman that runs it, seemed to be truly interested in helping me find out
about their place even knowing that I'm a recreational woodworker.

Already mentioned Action (didn't know they were going out of business) and
St. Charles Hardwoods and St. Louis Hardwoods. Haven't been to any of these
three, but my step father really likes St. Louis Hardwoods in Kirkwood.

There is also a St. Louis Hardwoods about 1/2 mile south of 70 on hwy.94.
Been there, okay selection.
A St. Charles Hardwoods on Mid Rivers Mall Dr. out in St. Peters. Been
there, good industrial selection of woods. Not very assistable staff.

Schaller Hardwoods is north of 270 on 55. You actually get to it from
Lindbergh near 55. I think the name of the street is Green Park. I haven't
been there. It might be a good place to go by the looks of their website if
they allow 'recreational' purchases. http://www.schallerhardwood.com/

There's 'The Wood & Shop' on north Lindbergh. It's across from Boeing just
north of the airport. Good wood selection, especially exotics. Bought from
them. http://www.woodnshop.com/

The Woodworker's Store (I think Rockler outlet) on St. Charles Rock Road.
It can be gotten by 70 going west on the rock road or from 270 going east
onto the rock road. Its on the north side near a large music store. Been
there a number of times. Good hardware and tool selections, limited wood.

That's about all I know of. BTW, I moved from O'fallon, MO to South County
last September.

--
Tim
--------