Steve

Default Places to buy lumber in the St. Louis area?

"Ben Siders" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:22:54 +0000, Steve wrote:

Ben Siders" wrote in message
news
Been flipping around the yellow pages and web sites, decided to ask

here
as well. Does anybody live in or near the St. Louis (MO) area and

have
any recommendations for where to go for woods? Closest place I can

find
is in south city and it's a looooong drive from where I live and

work
(west county).

Go to Action Hardwoods this weekend. They're going out of business

and
he's giving great deals if you pay in cash... Everything was pretty
picked over last weekend but I picked up 50 bf of walnut for a song

and
he still had quite a bit of cherry and spalted maple left. Other

than
that, there's St. Charles Hardwood on 30 (Gravois) about a mile west

of
141 (Woodsmill). You have to watch him close as he's not the

brightest
guy in the world and usually figures about 10-30% more bf than you
really have. St. Louis Hardwoods is on Watson just east of

Lindbergh.
Schaller Hardwood is in South county someplace. I haven't checked

them
out yet. 314-894-1499.

Excellent, thanks! I work on Lindbergh between Page and Olive,

anything
near that area is perfect. Where is Action Hardwoods at? I'm

checking
the yellow pages and I don't see it.

I guess you've been to Woodcraft on Olive? Action Hardwood is off Big
Bend just east of Lindbergh. (Kirkwood) It's in a not so great
neighborhood though I've never had any trouble. 238 Meacham 63122
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed...122&country=us