Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT? 150' extension cord

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 22:38:48 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Leo
Lichtman" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wote: Sorry, Leo. I had intended to write "...challenged
old man alone."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am flattered that yu remembered all my qualifications.

What? It's been maybe 2 weeks since you posted them all over the
world.

BTW, there is some rationale for using DC with long extension cords. I used
to have a box that was full of rectifiers and capacitors--it turned 120 VAC
into 140 VDC. It made power tools run really strong; it was intended to
compensate for the losses in long extension cords.

I understand that some of the power transmission companies are now
running some DC (HVDC), too. They apparently get less loss at 200kV.
Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized
anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt