Grandpa

Default Isn't relying of someone else's plans kinda like painting bypaint by numbers?

Sometimes people are looking for a little inspiration. I look at all
sorts of plans and get a few ideas from them, then draw out what works
for me. Thank god for libraries, magazines and pictures. Now do you
GET IT?

Bay Area Dave wrote:

Everyone keeps asking for plans, plans, plans. Doesn't anybody have a
clue of what THEY want to make, rather than copying someone else's
ideas? I'm constantly amazed at the things people ask for plans for.
They even PAY for plans! The fun in building something for me is coming
up with a design, and then implementing it. If I said I was as painter,
I sure as heck wouldn't get a paint by numbers kit and just paint within
the lines. That's NOT a hobby. OR is it?? Am I all wet?? Do I have the
wrong idea about what woodworking is about?

This little rant is designed NOT to hurt anyone's feelings: I JUST WANT
TO START A DIALOG ON THE SUBJECT, AS I JUST DON'T GET IT!

Perhaps the reason that people need plans is they can't think in three
dimensions?? Is that it?

Dave