Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Way to go den ...

Andy Burns coughed up some electrons that declared:

On 02/08/2008 22:35, Andy Hall wrote:

Would you still have the same opinion had it been you that had been the
patient in cardiac arrest with a few minutes before permanent brain
damage would have set in?

Presumably in this case having to stop after the accident negated the
time saved by speeding?

I think the key issue here, unless one believes that ambulances should have
a man with a red flag walking in front, is why was the woman with the dog
seemingly oblivious to blues n twos? It's highly unfortunately that her dog
got run over, but my point stands...

I was on the A21 going southbound towards Lamberhurst last week and there
was a 3 way car ding. I didn't know this immediately of course because I
was 1/2 mile behind stuck in the resultant jam.

This bit of the A21 is single carriageway.

What amazed me was that not long after 3 police cars had squeezed through
sirens wailing, along came the ambulance. Only being a bit wider, it had
considerable difficulty. I attempted to get further left onto the verge
expecting the cars in front to do the same. We were currently locked nose
to tail from the previous shuffle to let the police through. The sirens
were quite obvious even with windows closed.

I had to give a good blast on my horn before the dozy twonks in front of me
decided it might be a good idea if they did the diagonal shuffle once again
allowing me and everyone else behind to shift a couple of feet over. Seemed
completely oblivious. After a couple of police cars, you might generally
expect an ambulance or fire tender.

The three cars (well, two and a light van) looked like they'd had glancing
blows and hopefully noone was seriously injured.

Tim