Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT? 150' extension cord

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 10:10:52 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
Errol Groff quickly quoth:

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 09:49:07 -0500, nick hull wrote:

I need a 150' extension cord and all I can find are 100' cords. Yes I
know I can plug a 50' cord into a 100' cord, but that gives a lump foe
my cord winder; I would still like a 150' cord. Any clue who sells
them? Don't need heavy duty, a light flexible cord would be best.

If you take Iggy's suggestion be sure that you put the male and female
plugs on the correct ends of the wire. Otherwise the current will be
trying to flow upstream and damage may result.

Also important is to never leave any coils in the extension cord when
it's in use. If you do, the electricity goes around in circles too
many times and gets all dizzy. You want straight electricity.
Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized
anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt