Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Way to go den ...

Andy Hall wrote:
On 2008-08-02 09:47:24 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

My daughters main complaint is that people don't get out of the way
when they see a large flourescent yellow/green ambulance with
flashing blue lights - assuming they actually notice it in the first
place. She ran over a dog a few months ago, it was on a lead at the time.
Woman walking it had stopped at a Zebra crossing. Bex approached on
blues & twos, used the repeater siren.

I've always wanted a set of those on my car. The sirens and lights I
mean, not the fluorescent excessences.

They have great repeater sirens in Moscow - loud and low pitched
honking sound. I would *really* like one of those.

Woman walked onto the crossing in front of her,
then 'spotted' the ambulance & stepped backwards - leaving the dog
on the end of the lead.

Since it was a dog & had to be reported to the police, she had to
radio control for another ambulance to collect the cardiac arrest
patient in the back of her truck - who fortunately survived.

I suppose that the dog didn't?

No, brown bread.

(Is Bex short for Bexley, BTW? :-) )

Bex stationed at Bexley.