Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Way to go den ...

In article ,
Rod writes:

I start looking around as soon I hear a siren - and we certainly get a
lot of them. The other day I saw an ambulance coming towards me - but
their side of the road was solid. I indicated and pulled over into a
convenient parking bay/thing - so the motorcyclist behind me overtook me
- head on towards the ambulance which was now on my side and moving at
speed.

I am sure that I have made the wrong decision at times. Impossible
always to do the best thing.

I started instinctively pulling over to let a police car approaching
me from behind pass before realising it wouldn't fit. At that point I
decided best thing to do was to continue, and I sped up. Then it occurred
to me that this looked horribly like a police chase of the type I've
often seen on those police camera programs - them chasing me at
significantly above the speed limit. About a 1/3 mile later,
there was space to pull off, which I did, and the police car
shot past.

--
Andrew Gabriel