Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Way to go den ...

wrote:
On 2 Aug,
"The Medway Handyman" wrote:

My daughters main complaint is that people don't get out of the way when
they see a large flourescent yellow/green ambulance with flashing blue
lights - assuming they actually notice it in the first place.

I usually pull in to the side as much as possible, but I often wonder if
their progress is made more difficult by all these people slowing down and
getting in the way by doing so.

That is a reasonable question. And difficult to answer even if we
understood all the details of the speicfic situation.

I start looking around as soon I hear a siren - and we certainly get a
lot of them. The other day I saw an ambulance coming towards me - but
their side of the road was solid. I indicated and pulled over into a
convenient parking bay/thing - so the motorcyclist behind me overtook me
- head on towards the ambulance which was now on my side and moving at
speed.

I am sure that I have made the wrong decision at times. Impossible
always to do the best thing.

--
Rod

onset.