Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker DLT Steve Barker DLT is offline

Default Torque wrench question

he's talking out his ass. Or perhaps he meant just a standard 3/8 drive
ratchet. perhaps he didn't think they'd be long enough to get the leverage.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Just picked up my newly sharpened blades from the mower place. The repair
guys said "Make damn sure you tighten the bolts right. There's no way to
get the required 40 ft/lb torque with a 3/8" drive. With a breaker bar,
yes, but not with a 3/8 torque wrench." I have a 3/8" drive Matco torque
wrench with adjustments from 10 to 100 ft lbs. It's 18" long, bigger than
any breaker bar I have.

What's this repair guy talking about?