Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Billy Pilgrim[_2_] Billy Pilgrim[_2_] is offline

Default Painting exterior stucco spray or roll?

"dadiOH" wrote in message news:EqMkk.8$Pe2.0@fe95...
Billy Pilgrim wrote:

I'm not sure why but my response to you are not posting correctly.

Must be something to do with the packets and the ISPs

anyway, I just posted all the old links and I'd be interested in your
rebuttal to them.

OK. I moved them here...

http://www.bobvila.com/HowTo_Library...lls-A2557.html

He is citing someone that says it encourages dry rot. There is nothing to
rot on a masonry house.

when you reccomend painting, do you ask if the house is a masonary house?

http://www.lime.org/BLG/Mold.pdf

What about it? The author is explaining lime wash. If someone wants to
use it that is fine with me.

It also expalins the difficulties of working with stucco that has been
painted. Common problem when people want to get the job done right.

http://www.chicagostucco.com/faq.html

He is a contractor peddling something; namely..."We use an acrylic, water
repellant coating product that is made specifically for cement." IOW,
acrylic "varnish".

If he put color in his "acrylic, water repellant coating product" he would
have a transparent, colored coating. If he put in something opaque too he
would have paint.

You missed this page

http://www.chicagostucco.com/recoat.html

__________________

I have nothing more to say.

Promise?

Only in regards to your rebuttals

BTW: I found these websites in a matter of minutes. There is an
overwhelming amount of information with regards to stucco.

Just think of it this way. Stucco soaks up water. When the stucco gets wet
it becomes very hard for the paint to adhere.

Of course there are all the other reasons but I grow tired of going over and
over them. I'm not being rude it's just the truth.

You really don't seem like that bad of a guy. There were a couple of flamers
that got involved in this and you stepped in it.

Really, if you feel you are right fine. But be aware, there is another side
to the story when you give advice. I lived in NM for 40+ years. I've seen
1000 upon 1000 of stucco houses. I've seen them painted and recoated.
Recoated ALWAYS looks better and is more professional looking.

Sorry. That's just the way it is. Nothing you say is going to change that.

:-)