Posted to rec.woodworking
spaco spaco is offline

Default Changing that belt

There HAS to be a method for adjusting tension since no two belts are
exactly the same length nor do they remain exactly the same length as
they age. Locate that mechanism and use it. You;d need to adjust the
tension anyway since you are replacing the belt.

Pete Stanaitis
-----------------------

Eigenvector wrote:
Any tips on how to get the belt over that pulley! You know what I mean,
that replacement belt that is exactly the minimum size necessary to fit
over the pulleys without bending the motor axle. For now my jointer is
sitting idle in the shop, dripping blood and sweat as I break my body
against it trying to get that belt over the pulley lip.

I was thinking of using a thin crowbar to leverage the belt over the top
of the pulley, but it's putting far too much pressure on the cutter axle.

Ah well, really I didn't expect a slew of responses, more just venting
aggrevation at the moron who sized the belt for my jointer.