Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DrollTroll DrollTroll is offline

Default OT? 150' extension cord

"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message
m...
nick hull wrote:

I need a 150' extension cord and all I can find are 100' cords. Yes I
know I can plug a 50' cord into a 100' cord, but that gives a lump foe my
cord winder; I would still like a 150' cord. Any clue who sells them?
Don't need heavy duty, a light flexible cord would be best.

For petes sake just make it! :-(
...lew...

Agreed. And almost always better.
Any type plug, one of those blue plastic shallow handyboxes at HD, a wall
receptacle, and 16 ga lampcord or zipcord. You can also find 14 ga zipcord
at some garden centers.
Or put 2 duplex receptacles in a "1900" electrical box--about 99c.

Home made extension cords are always better than bought.

Or, you can buy a 100, a 50, and splice via solder and tape. The hump will
be minimal.
--
DT