Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
Conor[_2_] Conor[_2_] is offline

Default 12V car cig lighter adapters - safe?

In article 489331ae@qaanaaq, Andy Hall says...

Considering the amount of times it's been done, if it were to be
possible, surely it would have by now?

My point was that if one buys properly designed equipment such as
charging leads, filters etc. then yes. If it's an unknown piece of
junk from China, it may not be trustworthy.

But virtually everything electronic we have comes from there. Hell,
even the power brick for my Compaq is made in China.

--
Conor

looking good either. - Scott Adams