Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Paste Wax or Liquid Paste Wax

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 23:40:56 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Funny how we all do similar things, in the late fifties and sixties
when I turned wood in Holland, I would get but ends of beeswax candles
from a hunting friend of my Dad, (he did some of the church shores) I
would hold the candle against the spinning wood and than at high speed
I would press hard with a rag against it, the wax would melt under the
friction heat and that was my finish in those day, looked good IMO.
Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

I used to do that with carnauba wax.. low tech buffing, before I got the Bealle
setup..

Works pretty good if you don't burn your hand or get the rag hung up in the
piece..
A rag flapping around at 3,000 rpm is not a fun thing.... DAMHIKT

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing