Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerry[_2_] Gerry[_2_] is offline

Default Hidden price increases

The local power company has been doing stuff like that for years. They
charge for the electricity we use, then again for the fuel used to
make the electricity, usually around 200% of the electricity cost then
another "customer charge" of $6 to send the bill.

They go up on rates as they see fit. Months later the Public Service
Commission finds that they were unwarranted in the increase but does
not force the power company to return the money, just issue credit.

Local tire stores have been charging "shop supply" fee here for years.
To me, all of this is dishonest. If an oil change is advertised to
cost $19.99 it should be that price, not $19.99 plus $4 shop supply
fee, $6 fuel surcharge and $5 disposal fee