Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Errol Groff Errol Groff is offline

Default Hidden price increases

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:35:44 -0700, "Michael Koblic"
wrote:

I came across two interesting situations recently and I wonder how common
they are in general:

1) After walking into my local Fastenal and completing a small purchase I
noticed that the total was in excess of what I would expect the sum of the
components plus taxes to be. A close inspection of the bill showed that I
had been charged additional 15% for "shipping and handling".

About six weeks ago I made a similar in store purchase and was charged
a shipping and handling fee. I ask the counter girl why and she
apologized and refunded the charge.

You might want to go back to the store and speak to the manager and
perhaps you will have better luck getting a refund.

Worth a try if the cost of going back does not exceed the amount in
dispute. Maybe even if it does!

Errol Groff