Bay Area Dave

Default Isn't relying of someone else's plans kinda like painting bypaint by numbers?

Laz,

What's a shoji screen, if I may ask?

dave

Lazarus Long wrote:

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 03:03:10 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
y.com...

Everyone keeps asking for plans, plans, plans. Doesn't anybody have a
clue of what THEY want to make, rather than copying someone else's
ideas?

Plans are like training wheels. OK for a spin or two, but you'll never
learn how to ride unless you take them off.

I bought a couple of sets of plans to learn from, but changed dimensions,
changed shapes, etc, to suit my needs and my taste. I've also take a note
pad and tape measure to the store.

The projects I'm most proud of are the ones that came from my head. Plans
though, can give some ideas on what type of joints or materials to use in
certain situations. They are a learning took, just like books and reading
this NG.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Like Ed, I think plans can be training wheels. Or a good starting
point for your own creation.

The most satisfying thing I've built is one completely dreamt up by
me, two pairs of sliding shoji screens for use as a window treatment.