Mark & Juanita

Default Can I save money on a shed if I build it?

In article , GeorgeC-
says...

jm wrote:

"Brian Mahaney" wrote in message
I just did this and came out about even in price. The difference for me

was
the quality of materials. I was able to use better materials than they

use.
Also, I was able to have a custom design. I could not have used a

standard
design for my intended use. I spent about four hours on design and then

one
day building the shed. I spent time over several more days painting it.

Brian

jm wrote in message
om...
Or do I come out about even if I just by the premade kit from Home
Depot or Lowe's. A guy at the store said I might save $50.00.
Thanks.

Where did you get the plans?

The answer jm is that he said he designed it. You don't
need plans for a simple shed, all you have to do is know
standard construction, and you get that from looking a books
that explain construction. E.g., buildings are designed
around 4 foot increments (or 2 foot increments) so that
everything works together. Studs, rafter, joists on 18 inch

uh, shouldn't that be 16 inch centers?