Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Painting exterior stucco spray or roll?

On Jul 31, 5:32*pm, "Billy Pilgrim" wrote:
"Ron" wrote in message

On Jul 31, 2:33 pm, "Billy Pilgrim" wrote:

Painting stucco is like painting a cement sponge. Which is why it holds
moisture and the paint doesn't last.

Very simple.

What is your definition of "long"?

I have a room that was added on 12 yrs ago, which is stuccoed and the
original paint still looks fine.
Hey Ron.

Look above at my response above and these links. I'm tired of bickering. I
just know I'm somewhat correct from seeing 1000's of stucco houses in
Central and Southern NM and observing them for several years.

Most educated people, where I lived, knew not to paint stucco. Don't get
riled. Look at the links and then make a decision for yourself.

http://www.bobvila.com/HowTo_Library...-Stucco_Walls-...

http://www.lime.org/BLG/Mold.pdf

http://www.chicagostucco.com/faq.html

Be cool!

Well, I don't know what to say. All I know is, I have a room that was
added on 12 yrs ago, stuccoed and painted and it still looks fine.

And, the front of my home is also painted stucco and the original
paint (over 20 yrs old) was fine when I repainted my home 2 yrs ago.
(paint on block was peeling)

I'm in Florida so maybe that's why I'm not having any problems.