Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Oh dear! Here we go again.

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:28:38 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 17:01:00 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:35:52 +0000, Phil L wrote:

There will be gangs of rogues digging up gas pipes and hooking a free
supply into every home in Britain soon

Er, that's Transco (or whoever they've been rebranded as this week).
The only thing that makes the supply non-free is the meter.

The difference between petrol/derv and gas prices is that the former
are heavily taxed so that when oil prices triple the pump price
doesn't.

I'm expecting a lot of people to get quite serious about gas saving
now. Gas fires (to heat one room no the whole house) may even make a
come back.

They are hopelessly inefficient.

We are not talking about the same products. The ones I mean are about 75%
efficient and heat one room very effectively using much less gas than a
100% efficient central hating system.

If they only manage 75% they use more gas than my CH system to heat one
room.
CH is more efficient if you have proper controls.