Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

Default 12V car cig lighter adapters - safe?

Conor wrote in

In article 4891478d@qaanaaq, Andy Hall says...

For example, on a tank, when the turret was rotated, one could find
sharp rising spikes of 600-800v on some of the wiring.

A Challenger or Chieftan Tank is not a car.

Oh yes, smartypants, it's alright you saying that now.

Next time you're using your laptop in a Chieftain tank, I know what will
happen. You'll forget to ask them not to rotate the turret...

....and then we'll see who's so clever.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,