C Cole

Default Can I save money on a shed if I build it?

One thing to remember about using T&G plywood for the flooring is that the
T&G will take up about 1/2" from the width for each row. If you put down 3
rows of it, you will be 1 1/2 inch from the width of 12' which you would
expect if you did not know. If you use T-11 siding which overlays on the
edges, it comes out to being the correct width when you put it up. (T-11
siding is wider than 48" to make up the difference,) (T&G plywood is not as
the tongue sets in a 1/2" when butted against the other sheet.) I found out
the hard way and had to cut down the width of the shed by 1 1/2" to get the
proper floor dimensions to work out without having to buy and cut another
row of plywood to get the extra needed. You can't just add an inch and a
half.. but would have to rip the sheets to give a proper width to get it
nailed down. So make sure you measure the plywood you are going to use
before you make your final layout for your base and walls to see that it is
going to be what you think it is.
C Cole

"jm" wrote in message
om...
Or do I come out about even if I just by the premade kit from Home
Depot or Lowe's. A guy at the store said I might save $50.00.
Thanks.