C Cole

Default Can I save money on a shed if I build it?

After looking at sheds built locally and the ones in a kit, I ordered plans
for the one I liked and am now building it. I originally wanted a 12X16 with
a gambrel roof, (spelling?) which would have cost me around $1500 to $1800
to be built by one of the companies here.
I opted to change the plans I bought to make it 12X20 (would have cost
$24-$2900 to have built) and figure the costs will be around $1200. Not
counting the cost of the foundation which I built on concrete piers to raise
it 12"-20" above ground level because of potential high water in the back of
my property. The foundation would have cost more if I had that built. I also
bought a nail gun, PC 350RH and a compressor, which I wanted anyway. So to
me I have the enjoyment of building it, the knowledge I gained the extra
tools, and will come out much better than what would have been built for
much more money. My time has been well spent in the project plus the added
company and friendship from a neighbor who has been helping.
C Cole

"jm" wrote in message
om...
Or do I come out about even if I just by the premade kit from Home
Depot or Lowe's. A guy at the store said I might save $50.00.
Thanks.