Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Master/Slave mains sockets

In article ,
Richard wrote:
I have noticed that a number of the better vacuum cleaners have a mains
outlet that somehow cause the vacuum cleaner to operate when the load is
switched on.

Looking for a standalone unit which does this I found the following at
Argos

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...MASTERPLUG.htm

which is a bit overkill and also a bit too shiny for use in the shed.

Does anyone know of a two socket master/slave version?

I've seen trailing sockets where one is the sensor and the rest switched.
Maplin - or probably Ebay. Not expensive. Think I've seen them in Lidl too.

I was pondering trying to incorporate a foot operated NVR switch into a
twin socket version.

If you're building something you might be able to take the guts out of one
of those and fit to a metal clad twin socket along with the connections to
your foot switch.

TIA

Richard

--
*Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreen.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.